Join The Conversation!
Your Future Starts Here!
- – College & Career Readiness
- – Successful Career Pathways
- – Academic & Employment Support
- – Work-Based Skills Development
- – In-Demand Occupations
- – Plan For Future Success!
The South Texas Career Connection (STCC) is a higher education and industry collaboration that includes Benavides ISD, Jim Hogg County ISD, and San Diego ISD, Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend, public community colleges and/or universities, employers, and community organizations. This alliance provides an important career pathway to success for high school students and offers them opportunities to personalize their education based on their college and career readiness aligned with the regional workforce needs.
- – Prepare students with a wide range of high-wage, high-skill, and high-demand careers aligned to labor market needs.
- – Provide students with the academic and technical skills, and knowledge, and training necessary to succeed in future careers.
- – Offer career-focused, work-based learning programs that provide students the chance to explore careers and gain marketable skills while they complete their high school education.
– Support employer and education partnerships to present high-quality on-the-job experiences along with a work-based learning curriculum.
– Increase the opportunities for paid internships, apprenticeships, and mentorships.