Virtual workshops are available all week to teach job seekers from all walks of life about FREE programs tools and resources offered by Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend, Texas Workforce Commission, and community partners. You will get in-depth instructions on how to maximize your job search and gain the skills needed to have a successful job interview.
Click below to view the Schedules and Zoom Links for all the virtual workshops that are available.
Jobs Start Here
Career Center Services Virtual Orientation
Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend (WFSCB) is a virtual one-stop for all your employment needs whether you’re a job seeker or employer. Please see this informative overview of Career Center Services provided by WFSCB including services for veterans, youth, child care, and labor market intelligence. WFSCB is dedicated to supporting the workforce community by providing resources and programs and the best customer service.
Workforce Professionals are virtually available to assist you by phone, text, email, and online.
Job Seeker Services
MAKE YOUR RESUME STAND OUT!
Learn how to fine-tune your resume to show employers that you are the best match for the job! Your resume is often the first impression a prospective employer will have of you. Therefore it is crucial that you know how to make yours stand out among the others.
ACE YOUR NEXT INTERVIEW!
Congratulations! You just landed an interview for a wonderful job! Preparation is key to ensuring you are confident when you meet the interviewer. In this session, you will learn essential skills that will help you impress the employer and lock in a job offer.
SHOW YOU’RE RELIABLE AND TRUSTWORTHY!
Work Ethics are essential skills or “soft skills” that employers are looking for. They refer to proper conduct in the workplace. Demonstrating strong work ethics will not only land you a job but help you keep it.
If you are currently job searching or are looking to make a career change, now is the time to contact Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend (WFSCB) for assistance. We specialize in matching job seekers with local employers, and with over 7,000 jobs available in WorkInTexas.com there has never been a better time to Search Jobs, Get Trained, and GET HIRED
Training Scholarships are Available Now! Find out if you qualify for FREE Training. Participants can receive scholarships to obtain a certification or degree at a local college or university that will be paid for by Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend. To learn more and see the list of training occupations available, visit https://www.workforcesolutionscb.org/training-scholarships/. To apply, please click here.
Jobs, Jobs, And More Jobs!
High demand jobs in occupations such as Crane Operators, Registered Nurses, Accountants, and numerous others are currently available in today’s Coastal Bend job market. These are just three of the nearly 60 Targeted Occupations in the Targeted Occupations List 2019-2021 recently approved by the WFSCB Board of Directors. WFSCB can pay for qualified job seekers to get trained in one of the occupations listed on the Targeted Occupations List! View the complete Targeted Occupations List 2019-2021 here!
Eligible Training Providers (ETPs) are entities with job training programs approved by the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) to provide Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)–funded training services. The publicly accessible Statewide Eligible Training Providers List (ETPL) includes all programs that are currently approved by TWC for ITA funding.
Additional Job Seeker Resources
- – Get help with your resume and find a promising career path with Career Coach.
- – For an Overview and Schedule of Virtual Services Available, Click Here. Visit the WFSCB Calendar for more information and to register!
- – Virtual Career Center Services are Available Now! Click Here For A Full Schedule Of Virtual Services
- – Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend regularly analyzes the regional labor market, looking for industry and occupational trends. Based on this analysis, we have identified a list of targeted occupations that are in demand or are emerging in the local economy. These occupations are experiencing growth, and provide opportunities for high-skill, high-wage jobs. Click Here to view the list of In-Demand Occupations.
- – With many traditional job fairs restricted due to COVID-19, Workforce Development Boards across Texas are sponsoring virtual job fairs. These events help connect workers with employment opportunities in a virtual setting that protects the health and safety of attendees. Click Here to view a list of upcoming virtual job fairs across Texas.
Workforce Professionals are virtually available to assist you by phone, text, email, and online Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. If you have the need for a one-on-one consultation, we are currently accepting appointments on a limited basis. To schedule an in person appointment please call WFSCB at (361) 882-7491 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are in need of unemployment benefits, visit the Texas Workforce Commission online to apply. Individuals are encouraged to apply online and refer to online resources to answer their questions. TWC has extended call center hours: Call 1-800-939-663 Monday – Sunday from 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.