Jobs Start Here
Jobs Start Here! Your employment is our top priority! Although Career Centers are closed,
Workforce Professionals remain available to help you with your job search.
With many traditional job fairs restricted due to COVID-19, Workforce Development Boards across Texas are sponsoring virtual job fairs. These events help connect workers with employment opportunities in a virtual setting that protects the health and safety of attendees. Click Here to view a list of upcoming virtual job fairs across Texas.
Career Center Services Virtual Orientation
Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend (WFSCB) is a virtual one-stop for all your employment needs whether you’re a job seeker or employer. Please see this informative overview of Career Center Services provided by WFSCB including services for veterans, youth, child care, and labor market intelligence. WFSCB is dedicated to supporting the workforce community by providing resources and programs and the best customer service.
Workforce Professionals are virtually available to assist you by phone, text, email, and online.
(361) 882-7491 – firstname.lastname@example.org – workforcesolutionsbc.org
Job Seeker Services
MAKE YOUR RESUME STAND OUT!
Learn how to fine-tune your resume to show employers that you are the best match for the job! Your resume is often the first impression a prospective employer will have of you. Therefore it is crucial that you know how to make yours stand out among the others.
ACE YOUR NEXT INTERVIEW!
Congratulations! You just landed an interview for a wonderful job! Preparation is key to ensuring you are confident when you meet the interviewer. In this session, you will learn essential skills that will help you impress the employer and lock in a job offer.
SHOW YOU’RE RELIABLE AND TRUSTWORTHY!
Work Ethics are essential skills or “soft skills” that employers are looking for. They refer to proper conduct in the workplace. Demonstrating strong work ethics will not only land you a job but help you keep it.
Your employment is our top priority. With over 6,000 jobs across hundreds of job boards, WorkInTexas.com can help those who are unemployed find a career path. Coastal Bend employers are looking to fill thousands of positions and are ready to hire workers now. To learn more about WorkInTexas.com, check out this video from the Texas Workforce Commission, and get registered today.
- On-the-Job Training Opportunities
- Paid Work Experience
- Certification Training or Associates Degree
- High School Equivalency
- Work Skills Training
Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend (WFSCB) is available to virtually assist you with your job search during normal business hours, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. If you would like to meet virtually with a career counselor, utilize workforce resources, or for more information about career and training opportunities, please contact us at email@example.com or reach us by phone or text at (361) 882-7491.
- – Get help with your resume and find a promising career path with Career Coach.
- – For an Overview and Schedule of Virtual Services Available, Click Here. Visit the WFSCB Calendar for more information and to register!
- – Virtual Career Center Services are Available Now! Click Here For A Full Schedule Of Virtual Services
- – Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend regularly analyzes the regional labor market, looking for industry and occupational trends. Based on this analysis, we have identified a list of targeted occupations that are in demand or are emerging in the local economy. These occupations are experiencing growth, and provide opportunities for high-skill, high-wage jobs. Click Here to view the list of In-Demand Occupations.
- – With many traditional job fairs restricted due to COVID-19, Workforce Development Boards across Texas are sponsoring virtual job fairs. These events help connect workers with employment opportunities in a virtual setting that protects the health and safety of attendees. Click Here to view a list of upcoming virtual job fairs across Texas.
Texas Workforce Commission Pauses Work Search Reinstatement
Update – June 30, 2020
The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) announced today (Tuesday, June 30th) that it will delay the reinstatement of the work search requirement for unemployment benefits in Texas. This requirement, which is federal law, was suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic. From the outset, TWC has stated that bringing back work search requirements would be conditions-based. Click Here to Read More
Additional Job Seeker Resources
If you are in need of unemployment benefits, visit the Texas Workforce Commission online to apply. Individuals are encouraged to apply online and refer to online resources to answer their questions. TWC has extended call center hours: Call 1-800-939-663 Monday – Sunday from 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.