COVID-19 Related Resources
Employers are encouraged to enroll in the Shared Work program as an alternative to layoffs. For more information about the Shared Work Program and to apply visit the twc.texas.gov/businesses/shared-work. However, if you are faced with temporary or permanent layoffs of 10 or more employees, you may qualify to enroll in the Mass Claims program. Please see this FAQ Sheet for further information regarding COVID-19 Resources for Employers.
Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend supports an employer-driven, integrated system that consolidates employment, job training, and work-related services.
We operate eight Career Centers focused on investing in our regional economic success through access to jobs, training, and employer services.
We meet our mission by collaborating with industry, education, economic development and labor to develop a comprehensive regional workforce strategic plan; develop a trainable and available workforce, and provide workforce-relevant educational training opportunities for youth.
Through the Texas Workforce Commission, we track occupational/industry shifts and update employment information.
Employers access a full range of services including recruiting and
hiring support, interviewing space, and training.
We offer a wide range of services to Employers.
- Recruitment, Screening and Referral of Qualified Motivated Job Applicants
- Customized Hiring Events and Job Fairs
- Customized and On-the-Job Training
- Interview Facilities Equipped with Technology
- Unlimited Job Postings with WorkInTexas.com
- Consulting on Equal Opportunity, Americans with Disabilities Act and Job Skills Analysis
- Customized Labor Market Information
- Professional Outplacement Services for Companies Restructuring, Downsizing or Closing Operations
Attention Child Care Providers and Parents WFSCB continues to receive child care updates from the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) during this public health crisis. Listed below is information regarding the impact of absences during the COVID-19 Pandemic on children’s...read more