For questions about unemployment, please call the Texas Workforce Commission at 1-800-939-6631, Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend (WFSCB) is closely watching recommendations from the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and continues to serve the community, putting your safety and employment first.
Workforce Professionals are available to virtually assist you with all your employment needs. Call or text us at 361-882-7491 or email email@example.com.
Stay healthy and safe. We will see you soon. Thank you for your patience.
If you are currently job searching or are looking to make a career change, now is the time to contact Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend (WFSCB) for assistance. We specialize in matching job seekers with local employers, and with over 7,000 jobs available in WorkInTexas.com there has never been a better time to Search Jobs, Get Trained, and GET HIRED
Training Scholarships are Available Now! Find out if you qualify for FREE Training. Participants can receive scholarships to obtain a certification or degree at a local college or university that will be paid for by Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend. To learn more and see the list of training occupations available, visit https://www.workforcesolutionscb.org/training-scholarships/. To apply, please click here.
Jobs, Jobs, And More Jobs!
High demand jobs in occupations such as Crane Operators, Registered Nurses, Accountants, and numerous others are currently available in today’s Coastal Bend job market. These are just three of the nearly 60 Targeted Occupations in the Targeted Occupations List 2019-2021 recently approved by the WFSCB Board of Directors. WFSCB can pay for qualified job seekers to get trained in one of the occupations listed on the Targeted Occupations List! View the complete Targeted Occupations List 2019-2021 here!
Additional Job Seeker Resources
- – Get help with your resume and find a promising career path with Career Coach.
- – For an Overview and Schedule of Virtual Services Available, Click Here. Visit the WFSCB Calendar for more information and to register!
- – Virtual Career Center Services are Available Now! Click Here For A Full Schedule Of Virtual Services
- – Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend regularly analyzes the regional labor market, looking for industry and occupational trends. Based on this analysis, we have identified a list of targeted occupations that are in demand or are emerging in the local economy. These occupations are experiencing growth, and provide opportunities for high-skill, high-wage jobs. Click Here to view the list of In-Demand Occupations.
- – With many traditional job fairs restricted due to COVID-19, Workforce Development Boards across Texas are sponsoring virtual job fairs. These events help connect workers with employment opportunities in a virtual setting that protects the health and safety of attendees. Click Here to view a list of upcoming virtual job fairs across Texas.
Virtual Career Center Services Are Available!
Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend (WFSCB) is a virtual one-stop for all your employment needs whether you’re a job seeker or employer.
Virtual Career Center Services were designed to provide job seekers a professional development opportunity to learn about Career Planning, Job Seeking, Self-Evaluation, Essential Skills and to provide tools needed to enter or re-enter the workforce.
Workforce Professionals are virtually available to assist you by phone, text, email, and online Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. If you have the need for a one-on-one consultation, we are currently accepting appointments on a limited basis. To schedule an in person appointment please call WFSCB at (361) 882-7491 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are in need of unemployment benefits, visit the Texas Workforce Commission online to apply. Individuals are encouraged to apply online and refer to online resources to answer their questions. TWC has extended call center hours: Call 1-800-939-663 Monday – Sunday from 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Train Your Workforce – Transform Your Business – $2,000 Per Employee
Coastal Bend Businesses impacted by COVID-19 may obtain short-term training for existing employees, furloughed employees and new hires. The Texas Workforce Commission Skills Development Fund pays for the short-term training through partnerships with public community and technical colleges, Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend and Texas A&M Extension Service (TEEX).
Examples of Training:
- Disinfecting Procedures For Facilities
- Process Control Introduction
- Supervision Basics In A COVID-19 World
- Other Trainings Are Available As Needed
- Adversely Affected By COVID-19
- Current Texas Workforce Commission Account Number
- Coordinates With Business Solutions Team
For more information on how to access available training, please contact Robert Reyna at 361-443-4532 or email@example.com.
Additional Employer Resources
Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend (WFSCB) stands ready to serve with the staff and resources to help your team focus on building your business. Whether it is posting a job opening, organizing a Virtual Hiring Event or for the latest Labor Market Intelligence, our team will help you get the job done. For more information, please contact Robert Reyna at 361-443-4532 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Local Employer Connections
- Work Experience and On-the-Job Training
- Short-term Trainings and Certifications
- Connections with Military Family Employment Advocates (who are well-versed in military life)
To be eligible candidates must be married to an active duty service member of any branch and must have Permanent Change in Station (PCS) orders to relocate in the Coastal Bend region.
The program is proving to be successful with the placement of three military spouses recently enrolled in the WFSCB Work Experience Program as Contact Tracers in the Coastal Bend.
Information About COVID-19
- – More information on the status of COVID-19 in Texas, see the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS).
- – For more information on how the State of Texas handling the pandemic, visit Governor Greg Abbott’s website.
- – Information About COVID-19 from the Texas Health and Human Services
- – For the most up-to-date information on the COVID-19 Pandemic, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- – Click Here for the most up-to-date information on the U.S. Government’s response.
Youth Opportunities Unlimited! (YOU)
Youth, ages 16-24 are invited to participate in a career exploration program that will immerse YOU into the world of In-Demand Careers! Visit The YOU! Page for more information or contact a Workforce Professional Today!
Call (361) 882-7491 or email email@example.com
No Homebound Veterans Left Behind
For more information on how to receive these services, call 361-888-0820 Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM or email DeLaCerda@nuecesco.com
Child Care Updates
To get the latest updates from TWC regarding Child Care Services visit workforcesolutionscb.org/child-care/.