For questions about unemployment, please call the Texas Workforce Commission at 1-800-939-6631, Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend (WFSCB) is closely watching recommendations from the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and continues to serve the community, putting your safety and employment first.
Workforce Professionals are available to virtually assist you with all your employment needs. Call or text us at 361-882-7491 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay healthy and safe. We will see you soon. Thank you for your patience.
Your employment is our top priority. With over 6,000 jobs across hundreds of job boards, WorkInTexas.com can help those who are unemployed find a career path. Coastal Bend employers are looking to fill thousands of positions and are ready to hire workers now. To learn more about WorkInTexas.com, check out this video from the Texas Workforce Commission, and get registered today.
- On-the-Job Training Opportunities
- Paid Work Experience
- Certification Training or Associates Degree
- High School Equivalency
- Work Skills Training
Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend (WFSCB) is available to virtually assist you with your job search during normal business hours, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. If you would like to meet virtually with a career counselor, utilize workforce resources, or for more information about career and training opportunities, please contact us at email@example.com or reach us by phone or text at (361) 882-7491.
- – Get help with your resume and find a promising career path with Career Coach.
- – For an Overview and Schedule of Virtual Services Available, Click Here. Visit the WFSCB Calendar for more information and to register!
- – Virtual Career Center Services are Available Now! Click Here For A Full Schedule Of Virtual Services
- – Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend regularly analyzes the regional labor market, looking for industry and occupational trends. Based on this analysis, we have identified a list of targeted occupations that are in demand or are emerging in the local economy. These occupations are experiencing growth, and provide opportunities for high-skill, high-wage jobs. Click Here to view the list of In-Demand Occupations.
- – With many traditional job fairs restricted due to COVID-19, Workforce Development Boards across Texas are sponsoring virtual job fairs. These events help connect workers with employment opportunities in a virtual setting that protects the health and safety of attendees. Click Here to view a list of upcoming virtual job fairs across Texas.
Texas Workforce Commission Pauses Work Search Reinstatement
Update – June 30, 2020
The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) announced today (Tuesday, June 30th) that it will delay the reinstatement of the work search requirement for unemployment benefits in Texas. This requirement, which is federal law, was suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic. From the outset, TWC has stated that bringing back work search requirements would be conditions-based. Click Here to Read More
Additional Job Seeker Resources
If you are in need of unemployment benefits, visit the Texas Workforce Commission online to apply. Individuals are encouraged to apply online and refer to online resources to answer their questions. TWC has extended call center hours: Call 1-800-939-663 Monday – Sunday from 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Over the last several months, many businesses have had to learn how to do more with less. Furloughs, layoffs, and closures have taken a dramatic toll, and forced many who have remained in the workforce, to take on new roles and wear multiple hats.
Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend (WFSCB) stands ready to serve with the staff and resources to help your team focus on building your business. Whether it is posting a job opening, organizing a virtual hiring event or for the latest Labor Market Intelligence, our team will help you get the job done.
Train Your Workforce – Transform Your Business – $2,000 Per Employee
Coastal Bend Businesses impacted by COVID-19 may obtain short-term training for existing employees, furloughed employees and new hires. The Texas Workforce Commission Skills Development Fund pays for the short-term training through partnerships with public community and technical colleges, Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend and Texas A&M Extension Service (TEEX).
Examples of Training:
- Disinfecting Procedures For Facilities
- Process Control Introduction
- Supervision Basics In A COVID-19 World
- Other Trainings Are Available As Needed
- Adversely Affected By COVID-19
- Current Texas Workforce Commission Account Number
- Coordinates With Business Solutions Team
For more information on how to access available training, please contact Robert Reyna at 361-443-4532 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Financial Assistance is Available for Small Business Owners
The Port of Corpus Christi, the City of Corpus Christi, and United Corpus Christi Chamber of Commerce have partnered to provide relief to the Coastal Bend Small Business Community through the recently initiated Small Business Regional Pandemic Grant Program.
Through this partnership, Small Business Owners can receive a $500 utility account credit through the City of Corpus Christi and a $500 working capital grant provided by the Port of Corpus Christi to all eligible businesses.
To learn more and take advantage of this new program, complete the application at http://www.unitedccchamber.com/small-business-grant.
$10 Million Statewide for Coastal Bend Businesses Available Now
- – Coastal Bend Businesses impacted by COVID-19 may obtain training for existing employees and new hires. The Skills Development Fund pays for the training through partnerships with public community and technical colleges, Workforce Development Boards, and the Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (TEEX).
- – All Coastal Bend Businesses can request information and submit an application if training is needed for employees.
- – WFSCB has received the funding and is ready to distribute to eligible businesses.
- – For more information, please contact Robert Reyna at 361-443-4532 or email@example.com.
- – The fidelity bonding service helps at-risk job applicants get and keep a job. Click here for more information about Fidelity Bonding.
Additional Employer Resources
Information About COVID-19
- – More information on the status of COVID-19 in Texas, see the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS).
- – For more information on how the State of Texas handling the pandemic, visit Governor Greg Abbott’s website.
- – Information About COVID-19 from the Texas Health and Human Services
- – For the most up-to-date information on the COVID-19 Pandemic, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- – Click Here for the most up-to-date information on the U.S. Government’s response.
Youth Opportunities Unlimited! (YOU)
Youth, ages 16-24 are invited to participate in a career exploration program that will immerse YOU into the world of In-Demand Careers! Visit The YOU! Page for more information or contact a Workforce Professional Today!
Call (361) 882-7491 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
No Homebound Veterans Left Behind
For more information on how to receive these services, call 361-888-0820 Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM or email DeLaCerda@nuecesco.com
Child Care Updates
To get the latest updates from TWC regarding Child Care Services visit workforcesolutionscb.org/child-care/.