For questions about unemployment, please call the Texas Workforce Commission at 1-800-939-6631, Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend (WFSCB) is closely watching recommendations from the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in monitoring the new coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID 19) that is causing an outbreak of respiratory illness worldwide. If you are in need of services, we ask that you please work with us remotely to get the best service possible and help keep our community healthy.
Whether it is on the phone, email or text, we are still here to help you. Call us at 361-882-7491 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay healthy and safe. We will see you soon. Thank you for your patience.
Your employment is our top priority. With over 6,000 jobs across hundreds of job boards, WorkInTexas.com can help those who are unemployed find a career path. Coastal Bend employers are looking to fill thousands of positions and are ready to hire workers now. To learn more about WorkInTexas.com, check out this video from the Texas Workforce Commission, and get registered today.
- – Get help with your resume and find a promising career path with Career Coach.
- – Don’t miss out on Virtual Hiring Events with local employers looking for skilled workers. Visit the WFSCB Calendar for more information and to register!
- – Virtual Career Center Services are Available Now! Click Here For A Full Schedule Of Virtual Services
Texas Workforce Commission Pauses Work Search Reinstatement
Update – June 30, 2020
The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) announced today (Tuesday, June 30th) that it will delay the reinstatement of the work search requirement for unemployment benefits in Texas. This requirement, which is federal law, was suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic. From the outset, TWC has stated that bringing back work search requirements would be conditions-based. Click Here to Read More
Additional Job Seeker Resources
For Questions About Your Unemployment Application Status, Call Texas Workforce Commission (TWC). TWC has extended call center hours: Call 1-800-939-663, Monday – Sunday from 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Over the last several months, many businesses have had to learn how to do more with less. Furloughs, layoffs, and closures have taken a dramatic toll, and forced many who have remained in the workforce, to take on new roles and wear multiple hats.
Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend (WFSCB) stands ready to serve with the staff and resources to help your team focus on building your business. Whether it is posting a job opening, organizing a virtual hiring event or for the latest Labor Market Intelligence, our team will help you get the job done.
$10 Million Statewide for Coastal Bend Businesses Available Now
- – Coastal Bend Businesses impacted by COVID-19 may obtain training for existing employees and new hires. The Skills Development Fund pays for the training through partnerships with public community and technical colleges, Workforce Development Boards, and the Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (TEEX).
- – All Coastal Bend Businesses can request information and submit an application if training is needed for employees.
- – WFSCB has received the funding and is ready to distribute to eligible businesses.
- – For more information, please contact Robert Reyna at 361-443-4532 or email@example.com.
Additional Employer Resources
No Homebound Veterans Left Behind
For more information on how to receive these services, call 361-888-0820 Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM or email DeLaCerda@nuecesco.com
Youth, ages 16-24 are invited to participate in a career exploration program that will immerse YOU into the world of In-Demand Careers! Through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), the Coastal Bend Youth can experience a variety of careers and employment activities. Contact a Workforce Professional for more information!
Call (361) 882-7491 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Child Care Updates
To get the latest updates from TWC regarding Child Care Services visit workforcesolutionscb.org/child-care/.
Information About COVID-19
- – More information on the status of COVID-19 in Texas, see the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS).
- – For more information on how the State of Texas handling the pandemic, visit Governor Greg Abbott’s website.
- – Information About COVID-19 from the Texas Health and Human Services
- – For the most up-to-date information on the COVID-19 Pandemic, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- – Click Here for the most up-to-date information on the U.S. Government’s response.